Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Class Time

   Basically, Autumn fashion revolves around the blazer.  It's an easy and classy addition to any outfit!  The real chore is finding a personal favorite...in all my searching I discovered a few versatile pieces that are high quality.  Of course I'm partial to ae.com, and the boyfriend blazer they have in stores currently is amazing....it's actually the one I chose to purchase for this season's wardrobe.  It's a longer fit and has preppy detailed cuffs in a satin material.

   The blazer is big this season because it is effortless!  Blazers dress up jeans and look edgy with a pair of knee-high boots.  An under layer can include a lacy blouse such as the one I found on asos.com (a site in which I am newly obsessed) or a plain blouse (or tee) paired with jewelry.  Any look will look classy and put together as long as you decide on a main accessory and a pair of look-at-me boots!

   Accessory options are endless!  However, a few cute ideas I saw while flipping through the September issues include, but are not limited to: feathered 40's style caps, long multi-chained necklaces, thin patent-leather belts (cinching high-waist skinny's and a tucked-in tee), collar-bone grazing necklaces with an abundant amount of pearls and beads, bulky gold menswear watches and eye-catching patterned scarves. Just a reminder to keep it simple and a representation of self! 

   After you've decided on the ankles and up action, choose your shoes wisely!  There are so many new options for this Fall.  Even if they are an in-and-out trend, get a pair of shooties.  No need to wonder what shooties are any longer.  If you've ever been to a civil war reenactment you have an inkling.  Basically, SHOES+BOOTIES=SHOOTIES!  They are casual, cute and classy, oh and best of all, comfy!  They are the four C's that you cannot pass up!  Paired with cuffed jeans or jeggings, they are the hottest things sweeping across from the east coast this season!  Or, if you are too antsy to wear your boots now that the cold air is coming through, they will suffice!  Actually, shooties or boots are perfect with blazers.  You'll look classic and chic!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I think your tips of how to wear a blazer is helpful. I have one boyfriend blazer myself and really find it hard to wear sometimes because of the weather I have here (hot weather all the time). Now that you say it's still in fashion, maybe I will just wear it again!

    ReplyDelete